Monday, June 17, 2013

Sharing

The concept of sharing is alien to many humans. Any doodle - or any doggie, for that matter - who wants to live a happy life with his or her humans MUST teach them to share. This is not an easy concept to teach.

When I was a younger doodle, I met my cousin, Jazz, for the first time. She was a Labrador Retriever, but I didn't hold that against her. After all, I'm part Lab, too.

Because I was so much younger than Jazz, I tired her out. 


In self-defense, Jazz decided to teach me the 'Share the Kong' game. She would give the Kong to a human, who would throw it for us to chase after. Usually, I would get to the Kong first, 'cause I was much younger and faster than my cousin. At first, I would try to get her to chase me for the toy. But Jazz had a better idea. She taught me to lie down in the grass, with the toy between my front legs. Once I was settled, Jazz would walk in a big circle around me, then squat to potty. I would get up to inhale her special scent, allowing Jazz to swoop up the Kong and bring it back to a human for another throw. We used to play 'Share the Kong' whenever I came to visit.

I tried to teach this game to my Momsy and Popsy, but they refused to learn. I think it had something to do with not wanting to squat and potty outside. Never did figure that one out!! However, I have been able to teach my humans the concept of sharing, although I must admit that my success rate is less than 100%.

They're always happy to share visits to the dentist



And they're very good about sharing friends and family with me




They even are happy to share snow!

I've taught them to share toys.

And to share a sofa.
But no matter how hard I try,
They won't share their food with me.


I didn't even get a slice of the chocolate cake that Popsy baked in MY bowls!!

2 comments:

  1. What a talented blogging family. We humans could learn a lot from you, Quintzy!

    I'll bet you could even teach them how to remove word verification from a blog. For treats, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea. All it took was a cup of mint tea (Momsy's favourite evening treat). My tail is waggin'

      Slurps from your Cuzzie Q

      Delete